The Merrimack Group specializes in helping business owners and leaders secure equity capital to finance liquidity events, shareholder buyouts and strategic growth initiatives.
We have advised companies on 19 completed transactions ranging from $1 million to $300 million, collectively valued at $800 million. Industry experience includes biotechnology, software, electro-optical products and industrial products.
The Merrimack Group helps business owners in the following situations:
- Selling a company
- Selling a majority interest
Shareholders seeking liquidity typically have multiple motivations:
- Spend more time with friends and family
- Spend more time travelling, golfing, sailing etc.
- Eliminate the headaches inherent in running a business
- Diversify into less volatile investments
- Establish family trusts for future generations
- Give back to the community
Merrimack Group matches companies with investors that understand their business, and are willing to accommodate the seller's interests, such as:
- Tax-efficient deal structures
- Retaining an equity interest
- Ongoing management or consulting roles for the management team
- Favorable outcomes for the workforce
- Commitments relating to the future operations
In most cases, all fees are paid by the investors.
The Merrimack Group provides equity capital through its network of investors to companies needing to finance the growth of the business. Many of Merrimack's investors are successful entrepreneurs who are willing to provide strategic advice, make introductions to potential customers, identify opportunities to improve operations and help position the company to be highly marketable if/when the shareholders would like to reap the rewards of their hard work.
Merrimack offers business owners complimentary, no-obligation consultations.